Painless lump above achilles tendon. Had tendonitis. Stiffness in ankles. Should I be concerned?

I have painless bump about 3 inches above my left Achilles tendon . I did have a tendinitis there, rested for several weeks then practiced the Alfredson protocol religiously: eccentric contraction. It brought to considerable strengthening of the area. I was able to resume my running for several weeks now, without pain. The only thing is this aforementioned lump, that I can see and touch (with no pain). I am 62 years old, have always been a runner (and a weightlifter): on the good side, I can very easily do one legged weigthed toe-raises (straight and flexed knees), without any pain. As already mentioned, I can even run short distances (3 miles) with vibram 5 fingers minimalist shoes (no pain before, during, or after), and long distances ( 10 miles) in regular shoes. I know I have painless tendonitis , because I sometimes have a very short period of stiffness (in both ankles) early in the morning, that disappears after a short walk. The right ankle seems to be more affected. By the way, I also had an operation on my right Achilles tendon 6 years ago, from which I totally recovered. The pain there after inactivity (about a 1-2 on a scale of 1 to 10) never left, and is more frequent than in my left, which has that bump. Advice please: should I be concerned about this painless lump on my left achilles tendon?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012