Painless bump on knee after injury. No swelling. Will the lump go away?

I hit the top of my knee on a chair. A day later hit the same spot. It has a bump on top, without pain. I have no swelling and full range of motion. It does look noticeably different than the other knee. I am able to run, and do leg exercises no problem. Just curious if the lump will ever go away, or give me problems in the future?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM
Painless bump just above the knee, without any problem suggests a local hematoma.
It will get resolved in due time , dont worry. Just dont do any heavy exercise as it will hamper the healing process.
If there is any pain after few days then you have to consult orthopaedician otherwise no need to worry.
Thanking you.