Painful toe on right foot, swollen with bump, addicted to high heels. Is it a fracture or corn?

Just under a week ago, my little toe on my right foot became very painful. It was fine during the day, but as soon as I took my shoes off that night, the toe began hurting and swelled up a bit. A bump developed on the side of the toe; if I put pressure on the bump, I can feel a slight clicking sensation and it is rather painful. The toe hardly hurts at all unless I put pressure on it or attempt to wear tight fitting shoes. Admittedly, I am a high heel addict, but I ve never had an injury as a result of the shoes; this certainly isn t a bunion or a corn. I cannot tell -- is it more likely that is broken or sprained? Could I have broken it without even realizing it? Or is there another diagnosis that might fit my symptoms better?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012