Painful sternum, under arms, chest pain, discomfort, burning sensation. Done endoscopy. Help?

I have been experiencing pain right behind the sternum and under left armpit. I have been to docs and they are sending me for an endoscopy. I explained that it feels like food is stuck in my throat and in the middle of my chest causing pain and discomfort. The pain extends to my back and feels more like I have been hit with a baseball bat rather than a burning sensation that is consistent with reflux. What do you think it could be?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013