Painful lump on the roof of the mouth, pain under the nostrils. Have a chipped tooth. Are these related?

Hi there,hope you can help me please, few years back I fall on my face and chipped one if my top right front teeth and the tooth was wiggly one of my friends told me don't play with it and it will harden up again and I followed what he said and the tooth harden again few days after that and a none painfull small lump on the roof of my mouth but it was not painfull and it never caused any problems but few weeks ago now I am feeling pain underneath my nostrils connecting to the bump of the roof of my mouth both none painfull but when I push on the i fee pain in the chipped tooth ,is it an absces and if its can it stay that long without pain!? please help me I am worried its something els.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013