Painful lump on palm, pulsates on applying pressure, intermittent tingling in fingers. What could it be?

Hi there, I have a painful lump on the palm of my right hand , it isn t solid and cannot see that the skin has been broken, as thought maybe a splinter or bite. The lump is in the centre and feels like its the vein as pulsates when pressure is applied to it. I have had intermittent tingling in my fingers. I have had this now for two days and doesn t seem to be improving. Can you shed any light as to what it may be or should I see my GP?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response

the commonest swelling on the palm are due to palmar space abscess due to infection. But your history is not in favour of any abscess.

But it appears to be likely a neurovascular lesion because of pulsation and tingling.
You may have to consult your doctor and get it evaluated.