Painful lump around anus. Discomfort while sitting and after passing stools. Solution?

I am having a painful lump around my anus and it is so painful when sitting and i hardly walk because of the pain. during defecating the faeces becomes narrow and small in pieces, i felt the lump and its a bit tender and I cant sit or walk I just sleep on my bed instead of sitting. painful after defecating but not during defecating.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
the lumpp can be due to chronic irritation of some substance in food
chronic infection
viral fungal or other
you need to investigate the cause
the general sugeon will be able to diagnose and treat
Dermatologist Dr. R.G. Joshi's  Response

Thanks for writing here.

Painful bump seems to be due to bacterial infection.

It occurs because of ingrown hair.

Start sitz bath .

You need to take antibiotics like amoxyclav and antiinflamatory drugs.

Avoid prolonged sitting in one place and frequent traveling..

Use loose cotton undergarments.

You can take laxatives at night till the infection is cured which will allow easy passage of stools.This will reduce pain.

Hope this will solve your query.Take care.