Painful jaw, unable to chew or open mouth wide, tension in neck. What is wrong?

I experience bad pain my my jaw on a frequent basis and it is something I have put up with for a long time now. It can get to the point when I am unable to open my mouth wide / chew food etc. It pretty much locks.

I am also experiencing a tension in my neck. Almost as though someone is grabbing me by the neck and I have had this now for a few months. I was wondering whether the pain from my jaw could in anyway be connected to my neck problem?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013