Painful, hard bump on jaw bone, not TMJ. What could this be?

I just discovererd a hard bump;pain to the touch on my right side of face jaw bone. I went to an oral surgeon and he said it was not TMJ because I can open and close my mouth without pain..What could this be it has been there now for 1 week; and I have been massaging it using ice., and heat packs..intermittenly still has not gone away; don t know what dr. to see next ?? It is painful to the touch hard bump feels like bone near the upper jaw joint .
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012