Painful bump near earlobe. Blood and clear fluid after exploding. Should I get it checked?

Hi! I went to my dermatologist a few weeks ago with a painful bump near my earlobe , in the front and the back of the ear. She looked at it and she told me that it is a cyst , and that if I wanted, she would drain it with a steroid shot. I objected and she told me that it was not dangerous but that it should be left alone. It s about 2 weeks later since I saw her and I was laying down. It totally exploded on its own and a lot of blood and clear fluid came out. I squeezed it a little but then I stopped and I put a ton of alcohol on it. Do I need to run to her tomorrow to check it? Thank you for your time and Happy Thanksgiving!
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012

Yes, you should show it to her again.Such opened up cysts can get infected and infection in this region can spread rapidly.

May be you will need a course of antibiotics.

Dermatologist Dr. Amit Kumar Agarwal's  Response
well you better visit a dermat once again
she might not have been wrong after all in suggesting the treatment
now that it has grown and about to explode the treatment suggestion this time may vary from the last time
she might consider putting you on antibiotics and postpone the procecure

but better to leave the decision to her. please do trust your doc, they are there to treat you and help you

dr amit