Pain with swelling in the anus. Reason?

hello there. i am a 27 years old male. i am suffering from a pain in my anus while i sit on a chair for some time. i have been feeling this for about a year now. sometimes there appears a swollen mas around the outer periphery of my anus and then it goes away. but the pain becomes very annoying sometimes. it doesn t stop there. i also feel a weird feeling going from my anus towards my testicles. when i urinate during the condition i don t feel that relieved as i normally do. would you please help me in this regards. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
  Anonymous's Response
Hello Usman,

First of all I would like to inquire on any discharge from either the anus or around it? While defecating? Blood in discharge or just mucus?

This pain could be the result of an abscess which is a common and easily treatable condition. Do you have a history of temperature with an unknown cause?

You might have to show a specialist, usually a general surgeon, who will examine the area around the anus and even internally if requires through a proctosigmoidoscopy.

Possible conditions could be internal or external hemorrhoids, anal fissure, anal fistula.

As you have also listed concern on feeling of incomplete emptying of bladder contents, there could be a possibility of the inflammation/swelling internally that is applying pressure to the structures surrounding it, which also contains the urethra. The swelling internally could be applying pressure on the urethra or the bladder that could cause incomplete emptying of the bladder contents.

Advice: Visit a surgeon for manual examination, scheduling a proctosigmoidoscopy can help rule out a number of conditions.

Apply any sterile lubricant around the anus, it might help you feel a little more comfortable.

Wishing you the best of health.