Pain when swallowing, tonsil enlarged, blood blister. Problem?

Hello. I went to bed last night perfectly healthy and woke up today and immediately noticed it hurt really bad on the right side of my throat when i swallowed. If i look in my mouth with a flash light, what I'm assuming is my tonsil is so enlarged and there is a bright red area the best way i can describe it is as a blood blister. It looks like my tonsil is going to explode. I've looked at hundreds of pictures online and searched all kins of conditions and nothing looks like this. Im planning to go to the hospital when I get off work because it hurts so bad, what do you think it could be?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
greetin...
so big tonsil..if it interfare with respiration /swallowing.you need to be examine by ENT(ear.nose. throat )especialist.may surgical intervention requires.meanwhile .tab,Althrocin (ERYTHROMYCIN).500mg two time for 7day.tab paracetomol 500mg for pain/fever.gargaling with luke warm water.2 to 3 time /day.maintain oral hygiene....thank