Pain urgency, straining and diarrhea. Why are stools loose and smelly?

i have had pain urgency and straining and diarrhoea for years and was diagnosed with ibs and an overactive thyroid . managed to cope until 3 years ago when i started to become incontinent. if i did not get to the toilet quickly i would completely evacuate my bowels where i stood. bowel movements loose, gritty and very smelly. my family will not go into the bathroom afterme because the say it smells like something has died in there. have had normal colonoscopy and gastroscopy just came back as gastritis . i apparently do not absorb bile salts properly and am losing weight, probably because i am now getting to the stage where i am frightened to eat anything and it is becoming more and more difficult to go out anywhere because i never know if i will need to find a toilet.i would just like an answer because i would really like to be able to have a life again and go back to work
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012