Pain under the rib cage, spreading to the abdomen, CT scans, blood/urine/vaginal swab tests normal. what could this be?

I ve been to nearly 10 different doctors, and I m at my wit s end! Nobody seems to know what the problem is!! About 3 weeks ago I began to have a dull but constant pain in my left side, right underneath the rib cage. It started on the same day as my period, so I thought it was related. Everything was normal with my period, but the pain didn t go away when the period ended. By that time, the pain was starting to radiate to my lower left pelvis , right near where my ovary is. I also started to feel the frequent need to urinate. I visited the GP and they did an ultrasound and found a small (4mm) stone in my left kidney. They told me it was a kidney stone that possibly caused a UTI . They gave me antobiotics, but the symptoms just got worse. A few days later, the pain in my lower left abdomen spread to my flank. It was now a stabbing/twisting pain. I went back to the doctor again, and they did a CT scan . Everything came back normal, and my kidneys tested normal as well. They found a small cyst on my ovary, but it proved to be a functioning cyst and cleared up after a couple of days. All of my blood tests and urine tests are normal and show no sign of infection. One doctor said it could be strained abdominal muscles, but it feels deeper than a muscular pain, and it definitely feels internal. Also, I feel like if it was a muscle sprain , I would be able to feel it if I moved/twisted certain muscles, but I don t. In the last few days, I ve started to feel a sharp pressure-like pain in my upper left abdomen, right underneath the rib cage, more toward the front (where the stomach would be). Also, sometimes when I press there, the pain shoots outward to the other pain spots in my body. Also, at times it feels almost like a burning pain. One doctor says it seems to be stress-related, since I ve been under a lot of stress at work. All of my bowel movements are normal, but I have been noticing small white spots in my stool, no mucus, no blood. No diarrhea, no more gas than usual, no noticeable indigestion. I have noticed a bit of fatigue, but that could also be stress related. No weight loss, not vomiting, but I do think it may be intestinal. Again, all of the pain is in the left side. Nothing seems abnormal on the right side. All of my doctors think I m crazy but I know something is wrong that nobody has been able to figure out yet!! The CT scans are normal, blood/urine/vaginal swab tests are normal, which is adding to the fact that they think I m crazy!! Please help :)
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012