Pain under the knee since three weeks, hurts while walking and climbing the stairs. Is it because of vein problem, opinion?

About two months ago, I started to feel some occassional pain right underneath my left knee front. I compare the pain to that of a purple bump. At this time, the pain wasn t always present, I only felt it sometimes. In fact it took a long time before I could identify the exact spot. Some three weeks ago, the pain become more present- hurting when I walked, ran, climbed down stairs. As I checked the area again, I noticed two small veins right underneath my knee. Ever since I feel the pain constantly. At the very beginning I thought it was a knee problem, but now I m suspicious if it is a vein problem. I would like to know if it is and what I can do to avoid it advancing. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not think it is knee problem. Rather it can be a knee joint cartilage issue. I would suggest you to take MRI of the knee joint to confirm the diagnosis. If it shows damage to cartilage then treatment will be following.
1. Static quadriceps exercises.
2. Tablet Brufen twice daily.
3. Tablet Dicerin 100 mg od