Pain, swelling, heat on upper part of thumb. Icing, taking acetomephin. What is it?

my mom has been experiencing pain, swelling and heat on the upper part of her thumb for the last three days. I have been giving her acetomephin every 6 hours and iced it but the throbbing is in tense. I can t see any bite marks or punctures...she has not injured it. Ii is bright red and I can see a tiny little white mark but it does not look like anything is in it....sliver or fluid.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
thanks for your question. its looks like its infection of thumb what we call it has paranoychia. if there is no pus development then just antibiotics are sufficient with analgesics. if pus develops then it has to be drained. once it is drained it will improve very fast. check for diabetic status also, because its very common in diabetics.
have good recovery