Pain on top of foot, history of twisted ankle. Diagnosis of injury?

Hi, i am a healthy 19 year old male, who participates regularly in athletics, specifically, sprint hurdles. My concern is that i have had pain on the top of my foot for 6 months now. For the first three months, the pain was manageable to train on (six times a week) although i could feel it there, it was never too discomforting. After the three months, i took two months off to rest, when i came back to exercise, i noticed the pain was still apparent. The pain occurs mainly when force is exerted through my foot, for example during plyometric exercise. It occurs around the midfoot, around the area of the first metetarsal, cuneiform bone, and inbetween the second and third metetarsal. I think there has been constant inflamation although not massively. The pain is manageable and not extreme, i can un on it, but severe force going through the foot hurts, i am concerned it has stretched on for so long, and not healed. If it helps, the pain first occurred after i twisted the ankle of the same foot, which i have done several times. The ankle in this leg certainley has not felt as strong as the other since. I was wondering whether you could give me a diagnosis on this injury, and an overveiw of recovery time rehab etc
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012