Pain on right side of chest after injury, painful breathing. Is this normal?

I am a 38 yr old Female and did a chest bump with my 13yr old son and end up hitting his shoulder . That night I started hurting more on the right side but in between my brest area. Like sharp pain when I breath in or move a certain way. I remembered what I did that day and know that is the cause. This happened on Sunday. Every night I feel it more than durning the day but last night it was back to the sharpness and then had sharp pain on right side of chest then shoot down my arm to my fingers then it would go away. This happened a couple of times. Now this morning it is happening again. It s this normal?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response

This needs evaluation , you need to see a physician for this , a chest x ray is required.

Dr. Shruti