Pain on right of chest due to flesh colored bump, later a small, irritated circular area. Any ideas?

Hi, my boyfriend is concerned because on the right side of his chest , he felt pain. He looked down and saw a kind of skin colored bump under his skin that was a dull, annoying feeling. Within seconds as he walked into the light, the bump was gone. He said his first thought was that it was a bug, and afterward the small circular area was red and looked irritated. I m scared of what it could be. Does anyone know?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013