Pain on big toe that intensifies at night, resembles fasciitis. What could it be?

Hi Doc, I have been having pains on the big toe mound for 5 days now. The pain started after my regular walk. I have taken an X ray the doc said nothing wrong with the bones. He suggested i may have stepped on a stone or something and gave me anti inflamatory medication. Two days back i visited my general physician he said it looks like fasciitis . The feet is clean, the mound area is little swollen. The pain increases at nights especially. I do not have diabetes and I am not able to resume my normal walking and cycling. So please help out. There is no swelling on the upper part of the feet. Regards, Madhu
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013