Pain near molars, slight swelling, no ulcers, persistent pain. Cure?

Hello, I have been having pain in the upper portion of my cheek, around the back towards my molars. I don t see any ulcers or anything alarming to the naked eye. The pain though, is persistent. Is it possible that my cheek rubs against my teeth in a way that is constant enough to cause pain, but not drastic enough to break the skin or cause issues that someone can see? I feel the slightest raised area with my tongue in this area, but cannot see that raised area under close inspection with a flashlight in my mouth.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Dentist 's  Response
the pain could be due to persistent cheek biting . get yourself examined by a dentist and ask him/her to do selctive grinding of sharp cusps of the back teeth so that the cheeks do not come in between them while chewing.
meanwhile apply mucopain over the area of cheek bite and avoid spicy foods
Dentist Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum,
I would like you to know that pain in the cheek is following accidental biting on the cheek while chewing food or biting on something hard.
sometimes, inside of the cheek gets trapped between upper and lower teeth causing severe pain and swelling.
I advise you to see a dentist in order to rule out the cause,
dentist will prescribe a you a gel(dologel-CT) to be applied on the concerned area.
also, perform warm saline rinses(3-4 times/day),
i hope i answered your query,
i wish you good health.