Pain near belly button when bending, done ultrasound. Rib compression?

I am over weight in the stomach area...the other day I bent way over from a sitting position to reach something on the floor and from the compression on my stomach I had a sudden stabbing pain just left of my belly button just under the skin. It does not feel deep internally as in any organs, but as though something had torn just below the skin, as I have a lot of fat in the stomach area I feel something happened in the tissues, or a torn or pinched nerve. Also very tender just at the level of my lower ribs. Also...I can t bend over without that stabbing pain, or lean to the left and sitting down I have to be so careful it feels as though my stomach had been electrocuted. I saw my doctor who sent me for ultrasound incase it might have been my iud penetrating the uterine wall...but everything was in place and looked ok there. He also figured I might have torn a ligament , but when I bend or lean left, it feels like a bolt of electricity shooting right to that one inch spot just to the left of the belly button. Could my lower ribs have pressed on something since I over compressed things trying to reach from that position. Thankyou!
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012