Pain in upper side of chest, occasional smoking, overweight, major stomach pain due to muscle pull

I have occasionally been having a pain in the upper part of the right side of my chest, but close to the center. I do smoke , I had quit for several years but started back up again less than a year ago, I am 33, female, and overweight . I have not paid enough attention to what I eat when I feel this chest pain . No other symptoms of anything at all, except maybe 3 weeks ago out of the blue I had a major stomach pain that lasted less than a mintue that felt like someone punched me, but I put that to doing some major spring cleaning and pulling a muscle .
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Your problem seems primarily to be due to acid reflux (i.e regurgitation of acid from the stomach, up the food-pipe). No medicine will help you completely unless and until you stop smoking with immediate effect and loose your weight.