Pain in upper left back. What could be the reason, and treatment measures?

Hi, I m 32 year old , just today only may upper left back side started paiining The is from inside and while walking it s giving more trouble.Please suggest what may be the resone? And how I can over come this?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM

From description it seems you might be suffering Mechanical back pain.     
It is a common medical problem.Mechanical back pain implies the source of pain is in the spine and/or its supporting structure. The surrounding muscles and ligaments may develop reactive spasm and pain.
1. Lie on hard bed
2. Taking muscle relaxants in combination with mild pain killers will help you.
3. Hot water fomentation to back 2-3 times a day and applying a local analgesic gel on the affected area will also help in providing a relief.
4. Physiotherapy - Interferential therapy (IFT) to your back will help you relieve the pain
5. Avoid driving, leaning forward, sitting for prolonged time or lifting heavy weights. These activities can increase your back pain.
You can start with swimming and mild aerobic exercises. These do help a lot in the back pain. Do adequate warming up before starting the exercises daily.
Taking calcium and vitamin D 3 supplements will also help in early recovery. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician.

Hope this will helps you. Take care.