Pain in thumb when bending. History of bruised hand. Should I still have discomfort?

I bruised my right hand last August. My thumb got swollen and was painful to move. My hand looks completely normal now, and has full range of motion (I think, I am left-handed and my left thumb is more flexible, I can t remember if my right thumb had as wide a range of motion before the injury), but the big joint at the base of my right thumb hurts when I put my thumb inside my other fingers and make a fist. If I strain this joint or put pressure on it by really bending it, it causes discomfort. After six month, should I still have discomfort? Additionally, I am constantly cracking the knuckle of that thumb.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Hi !
It appears from your history that you might have developed a contracture in your injured thumb. This can give rise to pain even after many days or months. You need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a minor surgical procedure to release the contracture.