Pain in the upper right back, tightness in shoulders, neck. Solution?

I am a 20 year old athletic college student. When I take a deep breathe, my upper right back cracks. Or if I lean to the right, my upper right back will crack. I feel a very acute pain in my upper right back when I lie down. My shoulders and neck feel tight and have slight referred pain, I got 3 different MRI s which showed nothing. I have been dealing with this pain for over 5 months now. I quit lifting weights, all I do is ride a bike. I do not know the cause of this, it might have been when I was jogging down a set of stairs, missed a step, and tweaked my back. When I saw a doctor, he told me it is a muscle strain, but it s been over 5 months..How can I stop this annoying pain?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012