Pain in the pinky finger joint, aggravates in moving away from the ring finger. Relief on taping it. How can I eliminate it completely?

Pain in my first right pinky joint . It s been this way for about 3 weeks now. I was working out with a friend and then a few days later I noticed that when my pinky stretches away from my ring finger it hurts really badly. Some days are better than others but it still hurts pretty bad when I use it. It s not swollen or anything that I can see but it hurts. I m just curious how I can support it or something to make the pain less. It only hurts when it separates from my ring finger. I ve tried just taping it and that helps for the most part but it s uncomfortable to have my finger taped like that. It s always tingling until I take the tape off. Any ideas? Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Taping is a good answer but you need to do it correctly which is to leave the joints free to move. Did you dislocate your finger? If so you should have an X-ray. Whether a dislocation, fracture or sprain it should be starting to improve now anyway and the most important thing is to keep it moving to avoid stiffness. You should be pushing it for a full range from now on.