Pain in the neck to shoulder. Pain worse on lying down. Cause?

Hello. I am a 29 year old woman. I am in moderate pain, severe, when I move on the left side of my neck down to my shoulder and back area. The pain has been persistent for two days now. It hurts to move my neck and part of the left side of the body, especially when I have to lift something or my 16 month old daughter, It hurts on the shoulder and lower part of my back right below the shoulder. Basically anytime I have to move my neck or shoulder to the opposite side or turn around it hurts! I can not even lay down to sleep because the pain is unbearable. Thanks in advance, Kelsey
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013

Thanks for your query

i can feel your concerns

it seems to be a muscular pain

i advise you to take rest and try to avoid lifting heavy weight

try not to lift your child as well

take some muscle relaxant and painkiller

you can also apply loca painkiller like dicofenac sodium

cold and ice massage very helpful

you can also do massage with olive oil

wishing you a speedy recovery

Hope i have ansewered your query
i am available for your help