Pain in the neck and throat spreading to the back of the head. Ultrasound showing reactive lymph nodes. Due to muscular tension?

Hello I have had pain in my neck and throat since Feb 2011. The pain is accompanied by a sort of throbbing in the jugular notch. This pain has now spread to the back of my head especially the right side near my lymph node. I have had a recent blood test confirming that my ESR is high...around 40 I think. My chest x-ray came back normal and ultra sound only showed that I have very reactive lymph nodes. An ENT surgeon suggested that I may have muscle tension ( his diagnosis in May 2011)
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012