Pain in the neck. Used panadol and vasograin. Need permanent cure

hi, i am 33 years old, mother of two and working.For the past 6 months i have been getting pains to the back of my neck leading up to the back of my head, it is so painful sometimes i cant turn or bend my head. i have used vasograin, olfen 100mg and the regular panadol and yet no constant relief. Can you help me please... thank you
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you are having symptoms of cervical spondylitis. i would suggest you to take following steps.
1.Avoid using very high pillow or a very soft mattress
2. Take tablet Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine daiy
3.Apply hot water fomentation and Diclofenec ointment at neck
4.Visit a physiotherapist and start neck muscle strengthening exercises
5.Myoril or Myospaz are muscle relaxant if pain and tightness is very severe
MRI needed if symptoms persist after these steps.