Pain in the lower back rib, above the belly button, fluctuating pain. Dieting for weight loss. What can the pain be due to?

hello- i have had a slight pain on my left lower back rib area and when feeling around i felt a slight bump..proabbly about the size of a pea, and it was very tender...i asked my doctor about it when i went in for my yearly, and she stated it was probably just fatty tissue , and with me trying to lose weight it should go away. that was a year ago... recently i am having more pain in my left side on my love handle area straight over from my belly button...shart pains that also come and go..and i just felt around and felt the same size pea lump that was tender. It is very tender and if i go back, im afraid she will just tell me the same thing and not to worry about it. What do you feel this could be and do you agree with my doctor. Note: I am 23 years old, 215lb. and 5 3 ....and dieting to lose weight. (no kids)
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012