Pain in the jaw, not able to eat. Suffered depression and anxiety. Is the pain psychological?

Hello, My sister just got out of a psych hospital for depression , anxiety , and pain related to bone spurs of her jaw. She had her upper teeth pulled for dentures . It has been 3 months of excruiating pain, embarrassement, and the inability to eat. I feel that the oral surgeon didn t do a good job. She had an appt. yesterday and said this was all in her mind and that he d have to redo the process!!! What has happened to her mouth? Why can t the doctor do something? Finally, should she seek a second opinon? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013