Pain in the hand after excessive strain. Is anything wrong with the thenar muscle?

Hello! After going through a week long 3 hour per night every night cheerleading practice I have begun to feel a great pain in my hand . I believe it s called the Thenar muscle? It s in the area below my thumb . It feel like it s bruised very badly, but it does not look to be. None of the other girls/guys on the team have experienced this. I fly in the air, base ( lift the girls). Lately I have been basing more than usual. Could that cause a pain? Or is something wrong with the muscle.. Help!?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012