Pain in the gum, jaw and tooth after using a whitening toothpaste.Taking advil. Cure?

I have been experience tooth/gum/jaw pain for almost two weeks now. I have good oral health, just had a cleaning about a month ago, xrays were done and no decay was found. I used a whitening tooth paste for about 3 days and it seems like that is when the pain may have started but it could be complete coincidence. I stopped using it, am now using sensodyne and have even changed my toothbrush (soft). The dull ache seems to now be more focused on my lower front teeth but does tend to travel here and there. Today I chewed a piece of gum and it actually made the pain go away for a little bit. The pain is constant. A dull ache, no sharp or shooting pain at all. My gums seems to be whiter in color also. Please help. I am taking advil and even 3 of them at a time is not making the ache go away.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012