Pain in the chest after eating seafood. Reason?

Yesterday I ate some fried rice with vegetables and prawns and some mixed vegetables and prawns in cornflour soup. When I went back , at night I felt uneasy at my chest . May I know what is it due to . My age is 52+. I know that Im not exercising enough. My weight is 80 kg. My height is 5ft. 6ins. I dont take seafood often. Im mostly on fish and vegetables. Please answer. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012

Thanks for writing in.
Considering your history, it looks like uneasy feeling in your chest could be because of indigestion following sea food.
You can take capsule omeprazole 20 mg two times a day- 1/2 hr before meals.
Continue same medication for 1 week, it will help.

At your age, with not enough exercise; if chest uneasiness was not associated with exertion, palpitation, sweating then no need to worry.
I hope I have answered your query. Feel free to revert back for further clarification.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.