Pain in the back near the liver. Could this be due to alcohol consumption?

hi, Ive had a non-severe dull ache in the right-side of my torso (and back to a certain extent) for a couple of days now. it is in the general area of my liver and it is most noticable when i lay down at night to sleep. Its not a pain which keeps me awake at night, though often in certain sleeping positions it feels more like a sharp cramp , and I have the urge to stretch . I have no idea if it has anything to do with my liver, but it is in that area and feels like its beneath my ribcage. I m a 29 yr old male, and I dont drink heavily (or much at all these days), though in my early 20s i did indulge probably a little too much. Is this something I should get checked? many thanks
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013