Pain in the abdomen. Stents placed after a celiac arterial dissection. Are these related?

My boyfriend had a celiac arterial dissection in June 2010 and before they were able to diagnose it, his spleen was cut off blood half his spleen is dead. In the last month he has had two stents put in...LAD and Right artery (around the back). He has complained of sharp pains in his spleen area and has described it as feeling like spasms. I don t believe it to be related to the stents because he said they were present before then. Is this a common symptom of having a partially dead spleen?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013