Pain in swallowing, speaking, sore adams apple, getting over strep throat and pneumonia. Treatment?

Im getting over strep throat and pneumonia...I havent been able to eat or drink in 4 days because my adams apple is so incredibly sore that it feels like shard of glass are in my throat. I'm not speaking well. I've tried gargling with salt water, popsicles, I've tried doing a nebulizer treatment for moisture and also mineral oil for lubrication. what can I do to ease the pain of swallowing so that I may drink something?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013