Pain in stomach that keeps coming back. What does ESR level suggest?

Hi My mother is 56 , and she is experiencing a stomach pain. It is not a constant pain but the pain comes and goes. I experienced it twice before. and typically it started after dinner or lunch. The pain does not radiate towards the back. She does not have nausea or fever or chill. In january 2012 she had her bool test done and her ESR was 20, Last month she again had her blood test done and now the ESR is 40. What do u think might be the problem? (P;S She has blood sugar problem and now the sugar is controlled with the help of Insulin )
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012