Pain in shoulder and chest after fall, hurts to breathe and cough, x-rays normal. What is wrong?

I fell off my horse and landed on my back...more right shoulder area...been having lots of pain going from right back shoulder and around right breast into hurts to breathe and cough and blow my nose or bend over as the pain in the chest hurts. I had x_rays done on Monday night and it showed no broken bones...but the pain has not subsided. what else could be wrong
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Hi Tonista,
In case of falls the main affecting thing is blunt injury ( which are not visible externally but the trauma leads to stiffness and swelling of the involved structures), so if the investigations are normal then probably you are suffering from the after effects of fall i.e. blunt injury. You need to have a course of anti inflammatory medicines, and bath with warm water will also be helpful.
You can do the following:
1. Consult a Orthopedic Doctor to get a course of anti-inflammatory medicine.
2. Avoid exposure to cold, so protect yourself from extreme of temperature (cold) get your AC in moderate range.
3. Homoeopathic Medicine Arnica Montana 30 5 drops of medicine in half cup of water twice daily for seven days.

Feel free to ask any queries you have, wish you a speedy recovery.

Dr.Rajinder Singh