Pain in scrotum area after laproscopic hernia surgery. Small lump, pain in left testicle. Is it normal?

HI, I am 24yrs old male. I recently had laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery done on 14th dec 2012 which was on my left side on 14th Dec 2012. Since then I am having pain in my scrotum area especially in my left testicle . And I can also feel some small lump of mass over the left testicle. It pains when I touch it. It also pains while sitting and standing from the chair or when its rubbed by my undergarments. I was told to wear tight underwear by the doctor and I am following that. I need to know whether it is normal after this surgery and will be ok after some time or is it some serious issue? Please advise me as necessary. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013