Pain in right thumb due to osteoporotic changes. Declared RHA. ESR levels elevated

Dear sir my wife having pain in right hand thumb since 5 months. Her age is about 49 years. She has taken many medicines like enzac , osteofos 70 and other calcium doses and antiinflametory drugs. Ultrasonisc message is also done. pain was subsided temporary . Now x-ray report suggest early osteoporotic changes. Dr declared r h a . and advice Tab SAAZ and HCQS. Blood reports are normal only ESR is elevated since last 6 years. Pl sugges where it is R H A.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not agree with this Rha . I think she is having arthritis of the thumb. I would suggest you to take opinion from other orthopaedic surgeon . you can be given steroid injection in thumb. for your information Rha is a disease of multiple joints and it causes pain and swelling. but your description does not fit in to this disease.