Pain in ribcage. Hardening at the bottom of ribcage. X-ray normal. What could it be?

Hi, i just have a couple questions about a pain in my ribcage. I have had a pain under my right ribcage that causes me a great amount of pain. I have been to the chiropractor a few times thinking it was just a miss placed rib. My chiropractor felt the bottom of my ribcage and noticed a small hardening so he sent me for x-rays. Upon looking at these x-rays, there was nothing abnormal shown. That was a few months ago. Now the hardening has become larger and still hurts really bad when I m sitting. Its starting to make me sick to my stomach . I haven t gotten many answers from anyone. Im curious as to what you think and to what actions I should take to approach this situation.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Hi ! You have not mentioned about your age and sex and if there was any history of trauma you remember. Sometimes unnoticed trivial trauma might give rise to small hematoma, which may give rise swelling with such characteistics.
In young persons, an entity named Tietz syndrome may cause similar symptoms and signs. In both the cases, you may take some anti inflammatory drugs on consultation with your physician which may give you relief. In case it is increasing without any relief, then you are advised to get reviewed by an orthopaedic surgeon/general surgeon who may go for some special investigations to exclude other causes of your symptoms.
Wishing you an early recovery.