Pain in rib cage, diagnosed Intercostal myalgia. Some relief with painkillers, reoccurring on stopping. Cure?

Hi Doctor, This is Madan I am having pain in my Left rib cage. Symptoms : When I bend it is painful Medication : Consulted 2 doctors and they had given pain killers ( Paracetmol, Diclofenac Sodium ) Pain is present from past 3 weeks. Effect of pain killer is only 80%. After I stop pain killer, it is re occuring. The doctor told us it is Intercostal myalgia . Please suggest whether it can be that long period as still it is persisting.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013