Pain in nail bed in cold climates, brittle nail on top. Treatment?

I get sharp pain when the climate changes to cold below my right ring finger nail bed, The nail also brittle at the top and slightly deformed when compared to left ring finger and has pink strip from bottom to nail top, along the strip, I feel a slight bump. The pain occurs when I press on top of the finger nail bed joint , during cold whether, even a slight touch at the joint shoots up the pain. I don t feel the pain when the finger squeezed from the sides. Help me to identify the treatment feasibility for this problem. I tried soaking the finger in salt water , that didn t helped much.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Thanks for the query,
you might have developed a glomus tumor.
It is a deep seated tumor of nail and is very painful.

The treatment is surgical removal of nail plate followed by excision of tumor.
Dont worry the nail plate will regenerate in a month.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you