Pain in legs, chills. Rod inserted in femur. Can it be removed and how long will it take to heal?

Is it possible to remove a rod from your femur after 13 years, and if yes how do they do it as far as how is it pulled out? How long is recovery time and is it painful recovery? How long till I can walk & run again? I am experiencing some real nasty pain in my leg like a coldness or something of that nature, what is it? I pray nothing serious! I have 3 children including a newborn whom I breastfeed .
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012