Pain in left thumb, hurts on bending knuckle, rotating thumb. Should I see an orthopedic?

I took a fall back in April and have had pain in my left thumb since then. I initially reached out to an orthopedist (the same doctor I saw when I had tendon issues during pregnancy) but was told they didn t have an appointment available until July. I was sure I would be fine by July so I figured it was pointless and refused to make the appointment. July has come and gone and my thumb still hurts. It is marginally better but it hurts at the knuckle when I bend it or when I rotate my thumb towards my little finger . Because it is now September, I imagine whatever damage I did and left untreated is now permanent... or should I make an appointment to see my orthopedist (seemingly in January/February of next year)?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012