Pain in left buttocks, hamstring after performing splits, swelling. Using motrin. Treatment?

i did the splits yesterday, herd and felts something so bad i didnt think my legs wld go back together. when i stood up i hv pain in my left butt cheek bone down through middle of my hamstring . butt cheek feels like it is huge which the whole side of that leg is. i iced and motrin for 24hrs n no relief at all. do u think i did something bad to it?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
could be muscle pull from origin or insertion. All you need for now is complete bed rest till pain and selling subside. take consultation with ortho specialistand till then take paracetamol tabs thrice a day after meals and , if , more than 12 hours have elapsed start hot fomentation of the area.muscle pull subsides in few days , but if it is rupture of muscle, may need bracing of whole leg or even surgical repair, so consult an orthopedic specialist as early possible