Pain in knuckle, dog bite, pain on applying pressure to joint. Treatment?

A few weeks ago I started experencng pearcing pain on the side of my index finger on my knukle. I couldnt recall an injury until a few dys ago and remembered my mothers dog reached for a rib in my hand and did bite me - I believe the same area. It is slighly bigger than my other index finger but is extremly painful when bending or applying presure to the joint . Can anyone help me or will this just take time? HELP!!! :(
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
After a dog bite the pain in the knuckle can be due to a tendon in jury or inflaation in the area. Taking pain killers and strapping the finger will help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,