Pain in jaw area and below ear lobe. On Ibuprofen. Will it get better?

Hello, after sleeping, I woke up with a scale 9 pain in my upper jaw area just below my ear lobe. It s been 3 days & the pain has not subsided. I tried sleeping on my opposite side with no change in pain. It even hurts when I take 800 mg Ibuprofen though it subsides a little. It hurts most when I bow my head down, open to eat something, yawn, or look up to the right or down to the left. It doesn t seem to be getting any better. It s very tender in the crease between my jaw line & my neck from my ear lobe down to the end of my upper jaw. Is it a sprained muscle? How do I treat it?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012